The museum is open every day between the hours of 09:30 and 15:30.
During this post-COVID period, the health and safety of our visitors and volunteers is paramount, so we have developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan in line with the NSW Government’s template that was released on 30 May 2020. Following are some of the actions that flow from that Plan:
What is the museum doing to minimize risk?
- A maximum of 500 people visitors will be permitted on site at any one time.
- Café Connie is limited to 50 seated patrons.
- We have greatly increased the frequency of our cleaning and sanitizing practices throughout the museum.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are located at various points around the museum.
- Where possible, all access doors will be left open to minimize contact.
- We have placed markers on the floor at the reception desk and café to ensure safe physical distancing.
- We will be carrying out guided tours, but groups will be limited to a maximum of 10 visitors, plus the guide.
What can visitors do to limit risk to others?
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell or are displaying symptoms of a cold or flu (fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing etc). If you look or feel unwell, you will be asked to leave the museum.
- On arrival, visitors will be required to complete a brief questionnaire including contact details and current health status. This information will be kept securely in line with privacy laws and the 28 day retention period under the Safety Plan.
- On arrival, visitors will be asked to undergo a contactless body temperature scan and the temperature will be recorded on the above questionnaire.
- All visitors must sanitise their hands on arrival and departure.
- All visitors must practise physical distancing and stay 1.5m apart.
- We encourage all visitors to download the COVIDSafe app prior to arrival at the museum.
Please note that access to some aircraft is limited due to the difficulty in keeping them properly cleaned. Also the special tours on the 747-400 (e.g. Premium, Cockpit and Wing Walks) have been suspended for the time being.
HARS is delighted to welcome guests again to our world-class aviation museum.